Freelance Web & Graphic Design / January 2014 – Present
- Creates websites, logo design and graphic and print design for various corporations and clients.
Getfused / User Experience Professional / January 2011 – January 2014
- Conceptualize, design and build useful, usable, and detailed user experiences and interfaces based on an understanding of business goals and end user goals.
- Create and execute design principles to ensure cohesiveness of user workflows and visual aesthetic.
- Create design specifications and functional high fidelity prototypes using UI design standards, human factors, heuristics, and best practices to design the interface layer.
- Collaborate with development team to ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs and guide the prototype through the development process.
- Create high fidelity, interactive prototypes for cross platform displays and applications including desktop, tablet and mobile. Design for responsive / fluid designs as needed.
New England Sports Network / Web Designer / January 2009 – January 2011
- Redesign NESN.com from conception to final implementation. NESN.com is now the number one television station website in New England.
- Lead on overall visual presentation of NESN.com. Create all graphic material that supports editorial content, sales sponsorships and new technological integration layouts.
- Collaborate with Sales team on conceptualizing personalized online opportunities for clients using data analysis.
- Designed and implemented homepage takeovers as a unique and effective online selling opportunity.
- Wireframe and design custom editorial packages in order to create an informative and user-friendly experience.
- Create innovative design that is compelling and user-friendly in order for NESN.com to continue to maintain and attract a growing community that will incorporate NESN.com into their daily digital routine.
Boston Magazine and Philadelphia Magazine / Online Producer / April 2007 – January 2009
- Co-created, delegated and supervised online content production for both bostonmagazine.com and phillymag.com.
- Played a key role in architecture and design sponsored online programs and micro-sites.
- Strategized ways to increase traffic and user activity. Developed interactive guides that were beneficial to users while including web exclusive content that differed from the magazines.
- Managed project plans based on requirements, milestones, available resources and company priorities.
- Implemented SEO best practices on both websites and micro-sites.
- Managed team, budget, and online efforts while direct supervisor was on maternity leave.
- Delegated maintenance responsibilities to online editors in both cities.
- Reorganized the IA of the company e-newsletter. In three months the click thru rate increased from 26% to 31%.
Legal Sea Foods Corporate Office / Web Marketing / January 2005 – March 2007
- Championed the overall information design for Legal Sea Foods website. The first restaurant website nationwide to be certified by the National Federation of the Blind.
- Analyzed audience’s information and functional needs to create wireframes, site maps, feature lists, mockups, working prototypes and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience.
- Leveraged outstanding talents in client relations to gather requirements from various departments and identify design preferences, determine project schedules and relay information to interactive designers.
- Custom designed and developed weekly company e-newsletter.
UI / UX Design, Axure, Adobe CS4, HTML, CSS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Search Engine Optimization, highly detail oriented and organized, self directed and dependable, highly versatile with well-honed multitasking abilities
Certification in Web and Graphic Design / Boston University Center for Digital Imaging and Arts, Waltham, MA 2008
Bachelor of Arts – Advertising / Suffolk University, Boston, MA 2005